This page is currently under review.
For more up to date information on studies led by the MRC Epidemiology Unit, please visit www.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk/research/studies/
Studies that CEDAR is involved can be grouped into four categories:
- new studies that CEDAR is leading or is a co-investigator on, which involve new data collection,
- those where we are adding new information to existing studies to answer wider questions,
- those where we are using existing datasets from other studies,
- modelling studies, which use existing data to run simulations in order to help answer questions that no single empirical study can answer.
You can read about how our research activities are enabling us to deliver our objectives in the Research section.
New studies and evaluations
- Baby Milk Study
- Commuting and Health in Cambridge
- CASE: Creating Active School Environments
- FAST: The Four hundred Area STudy
- FRESH: Families Reporting Every Step to Health
- iConnect: Impact of COnstructing Non-motorised Networks and Evaluating Changes in Travel
- Lifelong Health and Wellbeing grant
- Soft Drinks Industry Levy Evaluation
- Traffic and Health in Glasgow
- Towards an Integrated Global Transport and Health Assessment Tool (TIGTHAT)
Adding information to existing datasets and studies
- PEAR: Physical Environment and Activity Relationships
- Southampton Women’s Survey
- SPEEDY: Sport, Physical Activity and Eating behaviour: Environmental Determinants in Young people
Use of existing datasets
- PEACH: Personal and Environmental Associations with Children’s Health
- CHASE: Child Heart And health Study in England
- EPIC: European Prospective Investigation into Cancer
Models and Tools
- Integrated Transport and Health Impact Modelling Tool (ITHIM)
- Propensity to Cycle Tool and project
- Impacts of Cycling Tool
- Microsimulation model of the Health Checks Programme
- More here.