Former PhD Student
Eva has now left CEDAR.
- MPhil Public Health University of Cambridge
- MSc Social and Spatial Inequalities University of Sheffield
- BA (Hons) Politics and Philosophy University of Sheffield
Background & experience
Eva’s background in the social sciences and interest in quantitative methods led to MSc research around the patterning of healthy eating behaviours, food poverty and the determinants of consumer dietary behaviours in the UK. Eva completed the MPhil in Public Health in 2012 as part of a 1+3 studentship, submitting a thesis on socioeconomic differences in diet at the population level.
Current work and interests
Eva was PhD student at CEDAR working with Dr Pablo Monsivais on the social and environmental determinants of diet. She is particularly concerned with the retail food environment, its associations with socioeconomic inequalities in diet, and the use of different methods to better understand these associations.
- Member of the Society for Social Medicine
- Member of the John Snow Society