The International Strategic Advisory Group (ISAG), provides advice to the CEDAR Director. This advice is on CEDAR’s scientific strategy, in the light of wider public health developments, and the scope of the overall direction of the Centre in terms of areas of research, societal impact, ethics and dissemination to the wider range of beneficiaries.
Specifically, its role is to:
- Provide strategic advice on the scientific direction of the Centre
- Advise on capacity building for research and research translation
- Advise on the communications, dissemination and impact strategy and activities
- Review and feedback on the Centre’s reports and forward plans
- Contribute to providing a network of contacts to facilitate dialogue on policy issues and research translation
The group meets regularly, and its members are available throughout the year to provide advice to CEDAR members.
Membership of ISAG
- Dr Paul Cosford (chair). Director for Health Protection and Medical Director, Public Health England.
- Jennifer Bostock. ISAG Lay Member.
- Dr Tony Jewell. Formerly Chief Medical Officer for Wales (2006-2012).
- Prof Mike Kelly. Honorary Senior Fellow, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Cambridge. Former Director Public Health Centre, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE).
- Prof Jim McManus. Director of Public Health, Hertfordshire County Council.
- Prof Willem van Mechelen. Head, Department of Public and Occupational Health. Co-Director, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Centre.
- Dr Frans van der Ouderaa. Former VP of Corporate Research, Unilever.
- Ms Sabina Syed. ISAG Lay Member. Managing Director of Visions4Health.
- CEDAR members as appropriate