Because CEDAR is a partnership between a number of institutions, CEDAR members are based in the various institutions in Cambridge or at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. You can check the location of CEDAR members on their individual pages here.
The CEDAR Hub
A number of CEDAR staff and students are based in a suite of offices known as the CEDAR Hub at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Addenbrooke’s Hospital is easily accessible by bike or public transport from Cambridge railway station or the city centre. Directions to the hospital campus by all modes of transport can be found here. You are discouraged from driving to Addenbrooke’s as car parking on site is limited and there is a charge.
The CEDAR Hub can be found on the ground floor (Level 2) of the F & G ward block, not far from the main hospital concourse. A site map of the hospital can be found here. The nearest entrances are the main hospital entrance and the entrances adjacent to the N and R ward blocks on Robinson Way. Parking for bikes and blue badge holders is available at all of these entrances.
- From the hospital bus station, walk up the main access road to the main hospital entrance and then follow directions as given below unless you are on a southbound number 7 bus, in which case you can stay on the bus until the next stop (at the Rosie Maternity Hospital) and walk back along Robinson Way to the N block entrance.
- From the main hospital entrance, turn right into the main concourse and then left following the sign for ‘All wards and departments’, passing a bank of telephones on your right. Go straight on past the lifts for the C & D wards, then left and right at the children’s wards C2 and D2, following signs for the F & G wards. You will find the CEDAR Hub on your right opposite the lifts for the F & G wards and adjacent to the stairwell. If you reach the Brain Mapping Unit, you have gone too far.
- From the N block entrance (on Robinson Way near the Rosie Maternity Hospital), go straight on (passing the lifts on your left), then right, then left, following signs for the F & G wards and the main concourse. You will find the CEDAR Hub on your left just after the Brain Mapping Unit, opposite the lifts for the F & G wards and adjacent to the stairwell. If you reach the children’s wards C2 and D2, you have gone too far.
- From the R block entrance (near the Forvie Site roundabout on Robinson Way), go through the Golden Jubilee Garden, enter the main hospital building and turn right, then left, then right, following signs for the F & G wards and the main concourse. You will find the CEDAR Hub on your left just after the Brain Mapping Unit, opposite the lifts for the F & G wards and adjacent to the stairwell. If you reach the children’s wards C2 and D2, you have gone too far.
- On arrival at the CEDAR Hub, you will find a phone adjacent to the door together with a list of extension numbers for the staff and students who are based there. Dial the appropriate extension number for the person you are visiting.
The location of other collaborating institutions within CEDAR can be found on this map.